Residential Treatment is just one of the program options that John Brooks Recovery Center proudly offers our clients on their recovery journey. This type of treatment hosts a variety of benefits, such as:
- Removal from stressors & temptations: Residential Treatment programs provide individuals with an opportunity to remove themselves from their environment, typical stressors and temptations to get a fresh perspective and begin their recovery journey.
- Medically-supervised detoxification: Trying to detox on your own is very dangerous and not recommended. Left unsupervised and without proper medical care, withdrawal symptoms can be potentially deadly.
- A supportive community: Having a support system of people who understand the struggles of substance use disorders and can be a shoulder to lean on is extremely beneficial for anyone during their recovery journey.
- Comprehensive therapy: Substance use disorder is a mental, physical and psychological disease, and therapy is crucial in helping those in recovery understand the emotional triggers of their substance use and how to develop new, healthy coping mechanisms.
- MAT Program: Medication-Assisted Treatment is the use of medications, often in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a whole-person approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. Research shows that a combination of medication and therapy can successfully treat these disorders. For that reason, MAT has become the most recommended treatment, and many people struggling with substance use disorder say that MAT has helped them sustain their recovery.
- Co-occurring mental health treatment: Many individuals managing their substance use disorder also learn they have a “co-occurring” mental health disorder, such as serious depression or anxiety disorder. Most individuals say that they have had far more success when they also were prescribed medications that treat specific mental illnesses.
Unlike other programs, John Brooks Recovery Center offers primary health care and recovery support services in combination with their SUD treatment services. Residential Treatment programs at JBRC are clinically driven with a length of stay up to 3-6 months depending on the client’s progress and provide all of the benefits listed above and much more.
The John Brooks Recovery Center team is here to help you. For more information regarding admission to our residential treatment program, please call 609-345-0110.